Thursday, June 13, 2013

In our backyard (almost) - Rietvlei Farm

Lately we've gotten into quite a rut, we became hermits for a while and weren't getting out the house at all. Thus making us all a tad insane and making the toddler extremely uncontrollable. It's hard to find things to do and places to go that are kid friendly and affordable. And when I say kid friendly I mean an environment where the kids can play freely and I can watch them from a distance.

Now I have lived in Alberton my whole life and I always tend to venture out when we plan something to do because well it's the South, what exactly is there to do here. Low and behold, there is a gem of a place literally down the road from me and if you venture past the front section there is a little kiddies heaven. (No I never knew this place existed) I have always taken my car to get washed there and then stop at the very open restaurant, which is like sitting in your garden with a waiter.

A little while ago we went a little further and found what Rietvlei Farm is really all about. For R25 for adults and R12 for kids you step into a huge farm with a Petting Zoo, picnic facilities, braai facilities, lapa's to rent for birthday parties, train rides, pony rides, tractor rides, there's even a Spa! The list goes on and on.

It's our new favourite spot.

And my new mission to find things to do closer to home.









No comments:

Post a Comment