Thursday, November 8, 2012

Dear Aiden

You one years old today my monkey, I can't believe how the year has flown by and it feels like just yesterday that they handed you to me for the first time and my life changed forever, my heart changed forever and now a year later I stand here with a full life and a full heart and you are the reason for it.

You are the sunshine in every moment of my day, your smile warms my heart and your laugh brings insane joy to my life, your personality fills a room and your naughty antics make me laugh till my stomach hurts.

Watching you grow and change over the last year has been a true blessing and if I could I would hit rewind and do it over and over again and I would never get bored, I would never need anything else.

You remind me on a daily basis what is important in life, you remind me to smile and forget my worries, you remind me to play and love each second, you remind me to stop and take care of what matters. Just by being you and being here you have sculpted my life into an incredible one.

I love watching you in water, watching your face light up, watching how something so simple can make you so happy, how you will sit there till you shiver and still want to play more.

I love reading you books and watching you point to the animals you like, and moo with the cows and kiss all the kittens you can find.

I love taking you outside so you can sit in amazement at the trees and flowers.

I love giving you your favourite food, and how you will devour a strawberry and try anything new even though you are the fussiest eater I know.

I love how friendly you are and how you smile and wave at everyone and I love how sometimes you are shy and you pull into me when you feel insecure in your surroundings.

I love how much you love your grandparents and aunty and uncle, I love the fact that you already know this is my family and I adore them.

I love your smile and how your eyes light up.

I love how ticklish you are behind your neck, behind your knees just like me and the sides of your tummy crack you up.

I love playing peek-a-boo with you and how happy you are every time I come back from where ever I am hiding.

I love how your hugs and I wait all day just to feel them.

I love you.

I am proud of you.

And I can't wait for the years to come.

People wait there whole lives searching for a person to complete them, I don't have to, because you my angel have completed me, anything else I get in life is just a bonus.

Love always
Mommy
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Simply beautifyl. Happy bday once again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being mom of a boy, this brought tears to my eyes. Happy birthday Aiden! Hope you realise one day how much you changed your mommy's life and that you are truly loved

    ReplyDelete