Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Us Two

My sister transformed this ''Winnie-the-Pooh" poem for me for her speech at my 21st birthday. It's something I never forget and always come back to. She's been going through this whole ordeal with me from the beginning and today is a tribute to the best sister in the world and soon to be best aunty. 

Us Two.

Wherever I am, there's always Jess,
There's always Jess and Me.
Whatever I do, she wants to do,
"Where are you going today?' says Jess.
"Well, that's every odd 'cos I was too.
Let's go together," says Jess, says she.
"Lets go together," says Jess.

"Let's look for dragons," I said to Jess.
"Yes, let's" said Jess to me.
We crossed the river and round a few.
"Yes, those are dragons all right" said Jess.
"As soon as I saw their beaks I knew.
That's what they are." said Jess, said she.
"That what they are." said Jess.

"Lets frighten the dragons," I said to Jess.
"Thats right," said Jess to me.
"I'm not afraid."I said to Jess.
And I held her hand and I shouted"SHOO!!
SILLY OLD DRAGONS!" and off they flew.

"I wasn't afraid"  said Jess, said she.
"I'm never afraid with you."

So wherever I am, there's always Jess,
There's always Jess and Me.
"What would I do," I said to Jess.
"If it wasn't for you," and Jess said "True,
It isn't much fun for one, but two,
Can stick together," says Jess, says she, "thats how it is" says Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment