Tuesday, June 12, 2012

You will do....no, YOU!

It's Father’s day this week, I have been dreading this day all year, it makes me feel a little queasy and I am thinking of hibernating with Aiden all day Sunday or maybe I'll just rock the single mom thing and take him to some Father’s day extravaganza.

I haven't put that much thought into finding another man, I haven't even really thought about the implications it will have on my life and how I would go about putting Aiden in that world, the wonderful world of love and dating, I guess I would keep him out of it until I know it's serious and I know 'this could be the one'. It's hard to really say and I'm not sure how I really feel about it all.

That's the thing I guess, it's not just my heart I have to think about, it's not just my feelings I will be putting at risk. It won't be just what I need in a man but what Aiden needs in a father, a good thing about all this, having a kid kind of cuts out the assholes and only the real men with good intentions are left standing.

I never really had a type I looked for; those who know me will say my type is arrogant, bad boys. I call them lost souls until I realise everybody was in fact right and they are indeed cheaters, abusers, addicts or just an all-round kind of heart-breaker.

The only type I know I have or don't have is 'blonde boys', it just doesn't do it for me.

Making a list seems so strange, like you making sure you don't forget anything at the grocery store, but I can't find the poetry inside me to do it any other way, my list is my contribution to the Father’s Day posts that have swept the blogosphere lately.

You, whoever and wherever you are, you need to be:
  • Funny, not necessarily text book funny, tell me a knock knock joke funny, but you have to make me laugh and you have to be able to laugh at yourself.
  • You going to have to love my son as much as you love me, it's a 2-for-1 special, there's no way around it.
  • You have to be tall because I like to snuggle.
  • I love men who work hard.
  • If you treat your mom right, you'll probably treat me right.
  • Patience is a virtue, not with me as I am difficult but with Aiden it's a must.
  • Honesty, its simple just don't lie to me.
  • Understanding that it might take a while for me to introduce you to my son.
  • Somebody strong, that I won't walk all over, someone who will tell me when enough is enough
  • The more open-minded the better
  • Just kind and supportive
  • You must believe that dreams do come true.
Some would say that's a tall order, I don't really think so; I have come across one or two people like that in my life time. I am sure I might just bump into him at some random moment at any time. That's how it happens in the fairy-tales any way’s.



No comments:

Post a Comment