Monday, August 13, 2012

Dear Aiden

In just 3 months time you will be 1 years old! I still remember going to my first scan at a mere 5 weeks and seeing this little peanut shaped being in my body. I remember crying with Aunty Liz when we heard your heart beat for the first time and I remember the joy I felt when the doctor shared you'll be a boy, I remember the fear and the panic attack when they said, 'you in labour, you'll be having your Ceaserian in 40 minutes', I remember when they lifted you up and I saw you for the first time and the world stopped for those few seconds and it felt like a lifetime.

The last 9 months have flown by and watching you grow and change and form your personality have been a true blessing and I wouldn't change any of it for the world. My love for you is endless and the joy you bring to my life is indescribable. You've really changed the last month or so, you turning into a little boy and I can slowly see you changing from baby to toddler.

You started crawling last week, you've been practising for a while now so to see you finally get it right made me cry. You move everywhere now, you investigate and want everything, especially the things you know you not allowed to have. You have an obsession with granny's coffee table and the the steel sides of my couch. You already think you super man and you bump your head more than I would like but you always bounce back and go for it again.

You inheritated my temper it seems, this is going to drive me insane and we going to bump heads about it in the years to come, but I am glad you got it, means you won't take nonsense from anybody and you'll fight to get what you want.

You have your fathers naughty grin and a sparkle in your eyes when you smile. You are a charmer already but as long as you a prince charming then I'll be happy.

You love to bath and if there are people in the room you like to show off and splash and stand up and cause all kinds of chaos that leaves my heart beating at crazy rates.

Your first teeth are finally coming out, we can feel them already coming through your gums. You not very happy about it, you won't eat much and you are rather miserable and you showed just how miserable last night when I jumped into bed and you did a 1,2,3....vomit, all over you, me and our bed.

You love scrambled eggs and aren't fond of many vegetables, I sneak you Coca Cola when granny isn't watching and you'll munch a whole packet of cheese curls quite easily.

You have the most amazing smile and your laugh is contagious, you ticklish in the same spots as your daddy and you hate people touching your feet just like me. You actually look like your aunty's child more than me or your daddy.

You have so many people who love you and you the light in our lives.

Please stop growing up so quickly, I need more time to enjoy every moment with you.








1 comment:

  1. He's so cute Jess! Well done, you doing a great job ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete