Thursday, June 9, 2011

Who me... Yes you!

The last time I won something was when I was about 16, I won the letter of the month in 17 Magazine, by the time I got to buy the magazine it was already the next month so I never got to see myself published and with it I won a pair of shoe's which I never received because we all know how wonderful South Africa's postal system is.


Today Natasha author of Raising men a blog I check daily awarded me two awards.





Bless her soul, she made my day, my week maybe even my month. I'm new to the blogging world and my writing I feel is at a high school pupils level, I feel anyways, so it's a great feeling that somebody appreciates my posts and finds my life interesting enough to read.


Rules of Acceptance:




1. Choose five (or more) other people who deserve this award and pass it on.
2. Tell 7 facts about yourself.
3. Let the people you gave the award to know.
4. Thank the person who gave you the award.

1. Choose 5 other bloggers

I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to award the person who awarded me but I feel she deserves to be awarded twice as her blog always puts a smile on my face and makes me look forward to raising my baby. So here's another shout out to Natasha.

This is one of the first blogs I started ready and I've been laughing ever since. It's real, it's raw and it's honest and of course she always has the kindest words and encouragement when she comments on my posts.

I know she's been awarded already but the number of blogs I read are limited and it's another blog I check daily. Someday I hope I can be half the mother she is and tackle life as strong as she does and then I would be proud.

This wonderful woman must have the cutest little girl you have ever laid eyes on and her life always sounds  as crazy and unpredictable as mine. Her blog makes me feel safe and gives hope.

My friend in Cape town, who has a beautiful boy and she fills her blog with the cutest pictures of him and there adventures. She just needs to post more!!!

2. Tell 7 facts about yourself

Fact 1: I don't like my food touching or mixed food. I love those plates with the dividers, and I won't eat my pumpkin if you pour gravy on it. I hate fruit in any cooked food and never offer me stew I will turn my nose up even if it's rude.

Fact 2: I have to much clothes, I can't even deny it anymore, I have 3 double cupboards full, unpacked black bags full and some still in boxes that I don't even remember what they are. I hardly wear any of it and I'll never give any away and I just keep buying.

Fact 3: I love tea, it's a family trait, we don't have braai's and beer at family gatherings we have afternoon tea and cake.

Fact 4: Most of the time I just don't answer the phone, I just let it ring. Not because I don't like the person calling sometimes it's my best friend. I just hate speaking on the phone. Sms me, then we'll go for coffee.

Fact 5: My spelling and grammar is horrendous, it never used to be I loved English and was an A+ student but somewhere along the line it just left my brain. It's not my fault though, these things just happen, you know.


Fact 6: I'm so quiet at times if you don't know me you would think I was a mute.


Fact 7: I don't like people touching me, I don't know why, some people are fine but in general I'm not a very affectionate person. The only way you'll ever hug me is if you do it first.


3. Let the people you gave the award to know.


I really do not know how I am supposed to do this, there's no tag button in the blog world.


4. Thank the person who gave you the award.


Thank you so much Natasha, again. You one of the rays of sunshine on my gloomy days.





        




1 comment:

  1. Someday I hope I can be half the mother she is and tackle life as strong as she does and then I would be proud.

    What a wonderfully nice thing to say - really, thanks chick!!! (I lurk around your blog quite a bit, I am just shite about leaving comments).

    ReplyDelete