Monday, July 25, 2011

Not much to say today

I'm going into my 3rd week of having the flu, the only time I feel like I'm getting better is when I stay in bed but I just can't do that. Firstly it's boring and I have so much to do and get done I don't have time to rest. I don't care how long I have the flu as long as it's gone for the 5 days that I'm in Cape Town next week. I just don't think I can get worse, last week I rushed to the doc's office coz I was in so much pain I couldn't walk, he said my muscles are growing and stretching and from coughing it's putting strain on them so it's causing more pain. He even gave me pain killers other than panado, hallelujah, I thought, took them once then felt to guilty to take them again seeing as he gave me anti-biotics as well, not that they've helped in the slightest.

My sister finds these pains hysterical, the first time I was making myself a Peanut butter & Jelly sandwich, when I started squirming and shot down in the most awful pain. She found this so amusing she was one step away from lying on the floor with me just from laughter not pain. Turns out I reminded her of a scene in that new movie "Something Borrowed" apparently the chick is trying to dance to attract her man, so she is bumping and grinding and goes down and gets this cramp, and the guy asks her "Did you rip your vagina" and she replied "Somewhere near there." I didn't find this little comparison funny at all. However, when I get pains and people ask whats wrong I just say "Somewhere near there" there facial expressions are priceless and it eases the pain a bit.

Other than that I'm so busy trying to get things done and I'm so overwhelmed by what I still need and trying to pull off the largest baby shower bash of note, I haven't had much time to dwell on anything and really figure out what's happening. All I know it seems my morning sickness is coming back at least, so far it really is only in the mornings, I grow over night  and that my baby shower is going to be epic, lets just pray for good weather coz a 100 people in my garden fine in my house not so much.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! 100 people.
    Your little man is going to be one loved spoilt little dude.

    Hope you feel better soon xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL your sister doesnt know about KARMA ;-p

    Good luck with the baby shower. Mine was relatively small but the amount of stuff I was given throughout my pregnancy and even now still is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete