Friday, July 27, 2012

Always Honoured

There's this little award going around "Thanks for Writing" and the lovely Sharon from The Blessed Barrenness nominated me. I often feel like a little kid amongst a truly spectacular group of successful and accomplished woman and I'm often taken a back by the fact that they read my blog at all and then still say things like they have 'respect' for me, makes me smile and cry because most of the time I'm completely failing at this whole parenting thing. Every time Celeste from Reluctant Mom comments on a post I almost fall off my chair, to me she is like the 'coolest' kid in class and she actually see's me. (I was a nerd at school if you haven't gathered). Then Nicki from One of the Boys sends words of wisdom or strength, and I'm so embarrassed because she must be the nicest and most positive lady around and here I am always falling flat on my face time and time again. Okay enough rambling, on with the award.

thanks-for-writing

7 Things you don't know about me:


  1. I hate socks, they make me feel like my feet are suffocating, I don't care how cold it is, I hardly ever wear them, actually I'm hardly in closed shoes as well, I'm a pumps and heels kind of girl.
  2. It's best not to talk to me or ask me to do anything for at least an hour when I wake up, I do bite!
  3. I am a procrastinator, I always get the job done, I work well under pressure, I love the feeling of tight deadlines but I procrastinate.
  4. If I had the capital, I would run probably a few business's, to many ideas, to little time and money.
  5. I just opened my first Pty Ltd, yes I'm proud of having a registered company, makes me feel all formal, it's called  Eleventh Hour, ever need a design, photoshoot, catalogues or just about anything. I'm your girl.
  6. I'm naturally a blonde.
  7. I'm cute on the outside and a bitch on the inside.

My blogs I love

I know a lot of ladies have already been nominated, like Celeste and Nicki so I would nominate them normally and Sharon would of also gotten a nomination, just putting it out there so they know I have lots of admiration and respect for them, others include:

Diaries of a white mother raising a black baby - I only discovered Melinda's blog a few months ago and it's turned into one I check on a daily basis. She is so funny and so strong, I wouldn't mind being like her when I grow up.

Remember When - I actually don't know how a person can be so nice and kind! I think Fiona was one of my first readers and I've been following her ever since I started. Surprisingly she still reads my blog and still comments and gives the best words of comfort, if I was her I would of thought this chick is crazy and blocked me. She's more than a blogger to me, I am proud to call her a friend.

.sea.ess.em.jay - Catherine gives me hope, hope that I will be okay and hope that love exists even for single mama's.

Our next big adventure - Shannon has one of the cutest babies, we also both co-sleeping parents, our kids often are doing the same crazy things or mine does them and she assures me Aiden is perfectly normal.

Spirited Mama - Also a new one on my blog roll, also one I check everyday, very funny and very honest, also such a 'nice' person, I think God skipped me in the nice department and gave others extra!

I would carry on but I know all the other ladies I would nominate already have been, have a look at my blog roll if you looking for new and awesome mommy bloggers.

Now here’s what you do and if other bloggers wish to pick this up and pass it along, here is a quick should-do list:
1. Include the award logo in your post or on your blog
2. Say 7 random things about yourself that the readers don’t know yet
3.  Nominate 5 – 10 other blogs you usually follow
4. Let the nominees know that they are nominated & include their blog-links
5. Link the person who nominated you

6 comments:

  1. Jessie. You made me sob into my keyboard today. I give you hope!? Oh my. I'm in a personal HELL today, and you just lifted me up. Bless you. Sweetheart, I swear to you, one day you'll look back on these days as the time where your character was forged and your mamalove was founded. I promise. Thank you X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, for you business Eleventh hour, do you work right through SA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depending on what you need, we do, pop me an email at info.11hour@gmail.com and let me know what you looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I need a catalogue for my companies branded ribbons. It needs to be a folded A4 with the samples on the inside. If it doesn't make sense we should chat telephonically. I will email you during the course of today.

    Warm regards,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good, send me an email with your contact details and I'll get back to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the nomination! It's such an honour. I still consider my blog in its teething phases. Apologies for the delayed response but "life" was happening in Spiritbille. I'll blog about it soon

    ReplyDelete