Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ink


Lots of people hate tattoos, there is also a great debate on the fact that woman shouldn't be tattooed, I personally don't care. I love tattoo's, I'll never be covered from top to toe and I don't see myself getting another one but I love people with tattoo's and I have never dated a guy with clean skin. 

I have one other tattoo that I got when I was young, 16 in fact, no parental permission, I just did it. Was it stupid, yes, do I like it now, not really, do I notice it, no, because tattoos become a part of who you are, it's a story no matter in which way it was done. My first tattoo represents probably besides from the last year and a half, one of the hardest times of my life and it's a reminder of how I conquered that and how far I have come.

Last week in between the madness, me and my brother and sister all got swallows tattooed on our wrists, I have wanted this tattoo for a while. When I lived in Cape Town and knew no matter where I end up my heart will always be with my family and that is what the swallow represents, it is a symbol of loyalty and trust and that you will always find your way home.

Just as I was about to get it I fell pregnant and so put it on hold, and somewhere along the line my siblings decided to make it a family affair, creating even more meaning to our new ink.

I waited patiently till my sister was 18 and she had thought about it for at least a year as I don’t want her regretting anything down the line and we did it. Love it, hate it, damn me to hell or whatever else your views are, but here it is, and I love it.







3 comments:

  1. I love tattoo's too! I only have one for now which was done when Ava was a year old. For me it was a right of passage, a symbol of what I had overcome during the 7 years of infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss and it was a sign of the end of that and a new beginning. My tattoo is the international symbol of adoption with my daughter's initial in the middle. It's hugely special to me, I absolutely love it. I do believe that if you're the type of person who worries about what your tattoo will look like when you're 60 then you probably shouldn't do it and I also think that when choosing a tattoo, it should be something meaningful and not a fashion statement, that way you'll never get tired of it and love it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the fact that your ink has such a significant meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful on you all

    ReplyDelete