Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hummus, Yes, No, Maybe

I don't like peas, beans, any bean, I don't like food touching, I don't eat soup, actually anything blended, you do know somebody could just drop a finger in there and blend it for extra flavour.

Now Hummus is all that in one, its basically a pea, with the texture of a bean, it's a whole lot of things touching, blended like soup with the colouring of a human finger.

I don't eat Hummus, until Christmas last year, my aunt brought a home-made one over. Needless to say I was starving (proves if we stranded on an island I would probably eat you) so I tried some and I ended up eating the whole bowl.

Now since then I have tried numerous Hummus versions and well its a pea with the texture of a bean and some even smelled like a rotting human finger.

So here's the recipe to the only Hummus I will eat, write it down and when you have forgotten my description of Hummus and human fingers, make it, I promise, it's good and I'm told it's healthy.

Hummus Recipe


1 Tin Chickpeas drained
1 Tablespoon Tahini
50ml Olive Oil
80ml Lemon juice (put a little more in)
Salt and Garlic to taste
1 Teaspoon Toasted Cumin Seeds (called Jeera in Indian spices)

Totally blend until ultra smooth (can add a bit of water if needs be)
Oh blend with love and prayer that the texture isn't bean like, bleh, I hate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment