Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Most Amazing Muffins

I don't bake a lot and I very rarely try something before I have tasted them. I normally wait till somebody makes something and I love it and then I get the recipe and it has to be blow-my-mind good before I even think of going to the trouble. One of the ladies from my mom's cell group makes these Bran Muffins, I love muffins but Woolworths does great ones so why make them. Well these I am made yesterday, because they are that awesome. Here's the recipe, if you do make them and you end up loving them please let me know.

Bran Muffins



  • 3 Cups Kellogg's All Bran Flakes ( I used Special K)
  • 1 Cup Boiling Water
  • 2 Eggs, lightly beaten + 1 teaspoon Caramel Essence
  • 2 Cups Buttermilk
  • Half Cup Sunflower oil
  • 250g Chopped Pitted Dates
  • 2 and a half Teaspoons Bicarb
  • Half Teaspoon Salt
  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • 2 and a half Cups Flour
  • Sprinkle: Cinnamon/ Ginger/ Mixed Spice/ Nutmeg ( The more Cinnamon the better)

In a large mixing bowl combine cereal with boiling water, stirring to moisten.
Set aside until cool, and then add - Eggs, Buttermilk, Oil, Dates and blend well.

Mix together the Bicarb, salt, sugar flour and spices.
Add to Bran mixture.

(At this point you may cover and refrigerate in a tightly covered container for as long as two weeks,
baking muffins at your convenience: I loved that part)

To bake, spoon batter into greased muffin pans (fill each cup 3 quarters full)
Bake at 220c for 20 minutes or until tops spring back slightly when lightly touched.
Serve hot/cold.

Makes approx 24 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment