Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Review: The Blessing



The first book I received from Booksneeze was The Blessing by John Trent and Gary Smalley. Giving the gift of unconditional love and acceptance to your child or to any child you encounter is an amazing thing to be able to do. With Aiden coming so soon and the circumstances in which he will be born into I have to be even more in tune with whether he is feeling loved and accepted. I truly believe you get your sense of self-worth, confidence and love language from your parents and this book is a beautiful journey of just that.

It has taught me how to pass on the Blessing to my son and even to the children in my youth ministry through five elements.

  • Meaningful Touch
  • A Spoken Message
  • Attaching High Value
  • Picturing a special future
  • An active commitment
Along with this you learn where you lost it in your own upbringing, where you gained it and how to move past certain things that old you back if you never received it in certain areas of your own childhood. It is a real eye opener and teaches you great lessons in installing love, self-worth and confidence in your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment