Monday, August 29, 2011

Daddy if you hear me


Daddy If You Hear Me...

© Julie (12 Years old)

It's dark in here as I swim around in my mommy's womb
I don't have eyes to see yet, but I can feel 
I can tell my mommy loves me, she tells me everyday
I feel her cold hands warm up, as she lets me know she's there
I feel the vibration of her voice, as she sings me a lullaby
She eats all my favorite things, even the stuff she shouldn't
Her hands let me know I'm safe as they sooth me to sleep
I know my mommy loves me, I can feel it in her touch...

But my daddy's touch I hardly feel
I know his hands are soft and warm
His voice is firm, I feel the strong vibrations
I look for him at night, wishing his hands could keep me warm
I listen for him in the morning, wondering if he remembers I'm here
My mommy feels sad, I sense her pain too
Could it be because she misses my daddy, the way that I do?

I wonder if my daddy loves me
only his touch can answer that
does he think of me often
or wonder what I look like
is he excited about me
has he thought of a name for me at all
does he worry about me or pray for me
or dream of me at night...

I wonder if he knows how hard mommy is working
to keep me healthy and alive
I wonder if he knows how tired she feels
or of her aches and pains that keep her up at night
I wonder if he hears her cry, the way that I do...

So daddy if you can hear me
I need your touch as much as I need mommy's
I need to feel that you are there, keeping me safe
I want to hear your voice softly soothing me to sleep
I need to know that you love me everyday
and that you are happy that I'm here
I need you to comfort my mommy, she needs you more than ever
she needs to be strong and healthy to keep me alive and well
maybe she feels the same way I do
and just needs to feel your touch too
or maybe you can let her know you love her
and try to understand what she's going through...



No comments:

Post a Comment